Let's Celebrate 15 Years of Callous Comics!
Posted by Carlo Jose San Juan, MD on Sunday, May 15, 2011 Under: Callous
On August 7, 2011, it will be fifteen years since the publishing of the first Callous comic strip! The series has had a long and wonderful history yet, truly, it's all just beginning!
Nevertheless, fifteen years is a significant milestone and I'd like all of you to join Callous Comics in celebrating it! Here are what I have planned:
Open for Guest Art / Comics
One of the features of the Callous Comics website is the Guest Art / Comics page. I've been extremely blessed to receive great contributions from some of the most fantastic comic creators and artists!
I usually put out the call for guest work when I'm expecting down time from producing comics but this year is different. To help celebrate this grand occasion, I'll be opening the site to guest work for the week/s leading up to August 7! If you're interested in joining this big art party, here are the details:
Guest Art / Comic Details:
- Please keep things Callous-related! Your guest artwork or comic strip should feature at least one recurring character from the Callous comic series. You are also most welcome to maintain your own art style as well in depicting a Callous Comics character! If you have your own comic series and would like to feature your characters in the guest artwork/strip, feel free to do so!
submitted comic strip will be published at a 850 pixel width (without the lateral borders),
the height, at 72 dpi. Please adjust your
lettering or font sizes with
this in mind so that text or dialogue in your comics would remain
legible. Other artwork will be published at varying sizes depending on
content at 72 dpi.
- Please submit your images in JPEG or PNG format.
- I work really hard to maintain Callous as an all-ages comic strip. Please keep things G-rated! I'll accept any PG-7 material and some PG-13 depending on the content. As for being funny? Of course, it's better that way, but feel free to be expressive with your comic strip within these boundaries, funny or not.
time will be on the weeks leading up to August 7, 2011. Your guest comic will remain in the site archive.
- If you have any questions, you can post them as a comment here or send me a wall post, direct message, mention, or private message in the following venues:
- Callous - The Comic Series Page on Facebook
- The Callous Comic Strip on Twitter (@callouscomics)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- You can send your finished art/comics as an e-mail attachment along with the requested details mentioned above to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- By sending a submission, you, the artist, agree to have your guest art and/or comic to be posted on callouscomics.com as well as its retention in the archives and to have a thumbnail image taken from it for use on the Guest Art / Comics page. All copyrights to the submitted art/image remain with the artist who produced it. However, all Callous-related characters and settings remain the copyright of Carlo Jose San Juan. The guest art / comic would not be reproduced in any printed material unless given permission by the submitting artist.
- I would love to promote you and your respective comic and/or art website! If I don't know you personally or have not corresponded with you before, please write a little something about yourself. If you have a comic or any art-related site, please include your site's URL, a description, and a standard banner image (468 x 60 px) for promoting yourself or your website.
- Deadline for submission is on July 17, 2011.
You may have noticed on the Guest Art / Comics page that I do a lot of guest work too! And if you look closely, by some freakish twist of fate, several of my guest spots produced and submitted at various times got published on the same day! So, on July 19, 2011, I'm hoping to have ten (10!) guest comics done (more if I can handle it), provided they all get published on that day. If you'd like me to make a guest comic for your comic series, just e-mail me HERE! The deadline for availing this offer is on June 25, 2011.
List of Guest Comics by me to be published on July 19, 2011 (as of June 20, 2011):
- My Life in the Trenches by T. Andrew Dempsey
- Adrastus by Liz Staley
- Gin and Comics by Ryan Fisher
- Plus One by Dustin Reese
- Gilbert and the Grim Rabbit by Wendy Wood
- Epic Fail by Amy Letts
- Hainted Holler by Travis Surber
On August 7, 2011, once all the guest comics have been published, I'll be running a poll on the website where readers can vote on their favorite guest comic / artwork. The winning contributor will receive the following prizes (yes that's right, plural)!
- A signed copy of Callous the comic series - Chocolate Chip Wishes and Caffeine Dreams
- A signed copy of Callous Comics - Take Two Spoonfuls of the Sunny Side
- A signed copy of Callous Comics - The Land of the Guardians
- An original sketch on a 5" x 8" card - The winner can request what he or she wishes to be drawn or just wait to be surprised. :)
Here's to the next fifteen years!
In : Callous
Tags: fifteen years anniversary contest prizes guest comic guest art
blog comments powered by Disqus