Posted by Carlo Jose San Juan, MD on Saturday, August 28, 2010 Under: News, Announcements, Events
UPDATE: September 5, 2010 - Due to the recent site design, I'm requesting that submitted comic strips be at an 850 px width at 72 dpi. I've made the appropriate changes below. :)
I've reached a point in my current training that requires a bit more attention than usual, so I'll have to decrease my comic output to three times a week starting August 29, 2010. Updates will be on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
The good news is that I'll be opening the series to guest art, comic strips, comics, and/or cartoons for exhibition on the main website during my non-publishing days! Interested? Check out the guidelines below:
- Please keep things Callous-related! Your guest artwork or comic strip should feature at least one recurring character from the Callous comic series. If you have your own comic series feel free to feature your characters in the guest artwork/strip!
- Your submitted work will be published at a 850 pixel width, regardless of the height, at 72 dpi. Please adjust your lettering or font sizes with this in mind so that text or dialogue in your comics would remain legible.
- Please submit your images in JPEG format.
- I work really hard to maintain Callous as an all-ages comic strip. Please keep things G-rated! I'll accept any PG-7 material and some PG-13 depending on the content. As for being funny? Of course, it's better that way, but feel free to be expressive with your comic strip within these boundaries, funny or not.
- Publishing time would depend on the number of submissions received prior to yours, but it will be published as soon as possible on either a Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday.
- If you have any questions, you can post them as a comment here or send me a wall post, direct message, or private message in the following venues:
- You can send your finished art/comics as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- By sending a submission, you agree to have your guest art and/or comic to be posted on callouscomics.com as well as its retention in the archives and to have a thumbnail image taken from it for use on the Guest Art / Comics page. All copyrights to the image remain with the artist, however, all Callous-related characters and settings remain the copyright of Carlo Jose San Juan. The guest art / comic would not be reproduced in any printed material unless given permission by the submitting artist.
- If I don't know you personally or have not corresponded with you before, please write a little something about yourself. If you have a comic or any art-related site, please include your site's URL, a description, and a standard banner image for promoting your site.
- I hope to hear from you soon! Thank you
Tags: guest art
blog comments powered by Disqus